For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through April 25. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
About Economics Department
Advantages of an Econ Major
- A broad set of applied and intellectual skills such as data analytics and critical thinking
- Complements many other majors
- Good foundation for graduate school
Advantages of a B.B.A.
- For some students it may be more suitable as a terminal degree
- Easier to double major in two business areas
Advantages of a B.A./B.S.
- Do not need to take the business core - frees up credits
- Good complement to non-business majors
- Flexibility for classes needed for graduate school
Careers in Economics
Ph.D. in Economics
Ph.D. in Business