For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through April 25. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email email@example.com. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
GVSU Professional Education
NOTICE: In light of the current situation, Grand Valley State University has called for the temporary closure of all non-essential campus buildings and learning spaces. The University has also called for instruction to be delivered online through at least the start of May.
As such, the CSO has decided to cancel all in-person workshops scheduled through June 2020. Some of our scheduled workshops may be offered virtually in April and May. Those offerings will be shared here in the coming weeks.
During the 2019-2020 school year, the GVSU Charter Schools Office will offer a wide variety of workshops. These workshops are available to ALL educators from ALL schools at NO cost.
You can check out what we'll be offering this year by heading to our workshop calendar.
Our 2019-2020 topic will tackle questions surrounding:
- Edtech and Google tools
- Classroom culture/environment
- Instructional rounds
- PreK support
- School counseling
- School leadership
- Special education
- STEM curriculum
For sessions in Grand Rapids*:
GVSU Bicycle Factory
201 Front Ave. SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
*Unless otherwise indicated
For sessions in Detroit:
GVSU Detroit Center
163 Madison St.
Detroit, MI 48226
What to Expect
- Workshops are either half-day (3-hour) or full-day (6-hour), see registration for specific times.
- Registration closes one calendar week prior to the workshop.
- State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs) may be available for select workshops. If they are, it will be listed in the event registration.
- A boxed lunch is provided at no cost to all attendees who attend a full-day (6 hour) workshop.