GVSU Professional Development Workshops
During the 2018-2019 school year the GVSU Charter Schools Office will offer a wide variety of workshops emphasizing literacy instruction, data instruction, technology, science, and many more topics. These workshops are available to ALL teachers from ALL schools at NO cost, not just faculty members from GVSU-authorized charter schools.
If you wish to register for Kindergarten Readiness Assessment at the end of September, please do so on our old registration system. For all other workshops, click on the large button below.
See a full list of our offerings for 2018.
- Third Grade Reading Law
- Google 101
- Flipped Classroom with EdPuzzle
- English Language Learners (ELL)
- M-STEP ELA Prep
- Special Education
- Culture and Climate
- Improving Student Writing
For sessions in Grand Rapids:
GVSU Bicycle Factory
201 Front Ave. SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
For sessions in Detroit:
GVSU Detroit Center
163 Madison St.
Detroit, MI 48226
What to Expect
- Workshops are either half-day or full-day, see registration for specific times.
- Registration closes 3 business days prior to workshop.
- State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECH) may be available for select workshops. If they are, it will be listed in the event registration.
- Boxed lunch is provided at no cost to all attendees.
- If substitute instructors are required for GVSU authorized charter schools, substitute costs are reimbursable by the CSO at $25/half day workshop and $50/full day workshop. To be reimbursed, please submit an invoice (with proof of payment), within 60 days of the workshop to firstname.lastname@example.org