GVSU Board of Trustees Update
November 02, 2019
The Grand Valley State University Board of Trustees approved a resolution during their November meeting for the appointment or reappointment of charter school board members to GVSU-authorized public school academy boards.
The GVSU Charter Schools Office is excited to welcome the following individuals as new school board members:
- Tiphany Pugh -- Achieve Charter Academy
- Nathan VanDussen -- Byron Center Charter School
- Ashleigh Artist -- Covenant House Academy Detroit
- Karima Bostick -- Flint Cultural Center Academy
- Lamont Richardson -- Flint Cultural Center Academy
- Chrystal Edwards -- Grand River Academy
- Nahed Fernando -- Grand River Preparatory High School
- Kimberly Groves -- New Paradigm College Prep
- Douglas Reimel -- Taylor Preparatory High School
- Sara Heacox -- West Michigan Academy of Arts and Academics
- Nancy Peterson -- Windemere Park Charter Academy
We are also pleased that 2 current board members were reappointed and will remain on their charter school boards.