LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
April 2021 Board of Trustees Update
May 03, 2021
On April 30, 2021, the GVSU Board of Trustees approved charter contract renewals for five schools. Black River Public School and Canton Preparatory High School each received a seven-year renewal; Grand River Academy and New Paradigm College Prep received five-year renewals; and Muskegon Covenant Academy received a three-year renewal. Canton Preparatory High School and New Paradigm College Prep each also received approval for grade expansions.
The board also approved:
- new Charter Contract Terms and Conditions for 6a, 6e, and 6c schools (review summary of changes)
- learning pod school location for Michigan Preparatory Virtual School and a name change to PrepNet Virtual Academy
- a site addition for The Greenspire School
- the appointments and reappointments of charter school board members.
The GVSU Charter Schools Office is thankful for the 20 board members who renewed their service to their community school, and is excited to welcome the following individuals as new school board members:
- Robert Zawideh -- Cornerstone Jefferson-Douglass Academy