GVSU CSO Staff Directory
Matt Cawood, Ph.D.
Matt joined the Charter Schools Office as a School Consultant in 2018, bringing extensive work in education management with him. Prior to working at GVSU, Matt served as the Director for Partner Services for eight years at National Heritage Academies, where he helped the organization support its 80+ schools and open schools in Louisiana, Georgia, and Wisconsin. Matt also served in leadership roles at multiple universities. He spent time as the Executive Director at Davenport College, became president at Great Lakes College, and then returned to Davenport when it became a university and led the school as its Executive Vice President.
When he's not working, Matt enjoys fly-fishing, coaching AAU basketball, and dedicating his time to various community organizations.
GVSU-chartered schools Matt is working with in 2019-2020
- Black River Public School
- Byron Center Charter School
- Flint Cultural Center Academy
- Kalamazoo Covenant Academy
- Light of the World Academy
- Muskegon Covenant Academy
- Saginaw Covenant Academy
- Timberland Charter Academy
- West Michigan Academy of Arts and Academics
- Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership - Union Institute and University
- Masters of Management - Aquinas College
- B.A. in Marketing - Michigan State University