Master of Education Scholarship Program
The Grand Valley State University Charter Schools Office is pleased to offer financial support to teachers and administrators employed within our portfolio of schools who wish to participate in graduate courses offered by the GVSU College of Education (COE) and Integrative, Religious, and Intercultural Studies Department (IRIS) , leading to:
- Professional Master of Arts in Social Innovation - NEW Addition!
- Master of Education Degrees (M.Ed.)
- Educational Specialist Degrees (Ed.S.)
- Michigan Provisional Certifications
- Michigan Professional Certifications
- Michigan Administrator Certifications
- Michigan School Counseling licenses and endorsements
- Michigan certification renewals and approvals
- Content area endorsements
- Professional development
All graduate level courses offered by the GVSU College of Education are eligible for scholarship funds, including EDR 612 and EDR 613 (now offered online).
Graduate Degrees and Offered Emphases
Social Innovation (M.A) - NEW Addition!
- Adult and Higher Education
- College Student Affairs Leadership
- Early Childhood Education (ZS)
- Educational Differentiation
- Elementary Education
- Secondary Level Education
- Educational Leadership
- Special Education Administration
- Reading/Language Arts
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Cognitive Impairment
- Emotional Impairment
- Learning Disabilities
- Traditional/Hybrid Educational Technology M.Ed. Program
- Online M.Ed. in Educational Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Online/Blended Instruction
- Scholarships are based on the availability of funds each semester and are awarded on a first come, first serve basis for those who complete all requirements.
- Only individuals employed at GVSU authorized charter schools, in full-time positions requiring a teaching or administrator certificate, are eligible for the scholarship.
- Scholarship funds are limited to twelve (12) credits per person, per academic year (Fall Semester through Spring/Summer Semester).
- In order to receive scholarship funds, applicants must complete the scholarship application before each semester.
- Starting Fall 2019 Semester:
- 50% tuition coverage for those with less than five years of employment
- 80% tuition coverage for those with five or more years of employment at current GVSU authorized school
- Anyone who has received 80% tuition reimbursement prior to Spring/Summer 2019 Semester will continue to receive this reimbursement through program completion (if accepted into the program prior to Spring/Summer 2019 Semester).
Winter 2020 Semester
March 18th - January 10th - Course Registration Open
November 1st at 8 p.m. - December 6th at 5 p.m. - Scholarship Program Application Open *No scholarship requests will be approved after December 6th!*
December 13th at 5 p.m. - Tuition Payment Deadline
January 6th - Courses Begin
Scholarship Program Application
Winter 2020 Semester - Open November 1st at 8 p.m. - December 6th at 5 p.m.
Scholarship Eligibility and Application
GVSU Charter Schools Office
Program Application and Course Registration
College of Education
College of Education
Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies
Tuition and Billing
Office of Financial Aid