Educator Enrichment Scholarship
In alignment with GVSU's Reach Higher 2025 initiative, the GVSU Charter Schools Office is expanding its scholarship offerings to provide educators with access to more experiential learning opportunities that enrich their professional expertise.
The Educator Enrichment Scholarship will allow educators employed at GVSU-authorized charter schools to receive financial support to participate in singular courses or programs that will improve their practice, but are not currently included in the GVSU CSO's M.Ed. Scholarship Program offering.
For those selected to receive it, the scholarship will provide 50% tuition coverage for those with less than five years of employment at a GVSU-authorized charter school, and 80% tuition coverage for those with five or more years of employment at a GVSU-authorized charter school.
Scholarship Application Window and Access
The scholarship application for Winter 2022 Semester is open through December 6, 2021.
Winter 2020 Semester applicants will be notified of approval or denial by December 10th, 2021.
This offering is not limited to specific courses or programs, but rather scholarships are based on an application review process. Applying for a scholarship does not guarantee that it will be awarded. Awards will be based on:
- Thorough completion of application
- Relevance of request to applicant's current role and responsibilities at their school
- Course or program selection addresses a demonstrated need within the school
- Only individuals employed at GVSU authorized charter schools, in full-time positions requiring a teaching or administrator certificate, are eligible for the scholarship.
- Scholarship funds are limited to twelve (12) credits per person, per academic year (Fall Semester through Spring/Summer Semester).
- In order to receive scholarship funds, applicants must complete the scholarship application before each semester.
- Receipt of the scholarship for one semester does not guarantee that it will be awarded for subsequent semesters.