Strategies to Reach and Teach English Language Learners
This professional education series will provide you with the basic knowledge, reason, and strategies on how to understand ELs and engage them in your teaching. The series includes 6 sessions, covering the basic needs of ELs from different backgrounds and the impact of their socio-cultural and linguistic characteristics on ELs’ school performance. The series will also emphasize the importance of teacher relationship building with ELs’ parents/guardians as well as how to integrate all the learned knowledge into EL teaching, learning, and accurate assessment.
Audience: EL teachers, EL paraprofessionals/school aids, general education teachers, and school administers.
- January 21st, 2021, 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- February 4th, 2021, 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- February 18th, 2021, 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- March 4th, 2021, 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- March 25th, 2021, 4:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- April 15th, 2021, 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Registration deadline: 10:00 a.m. on January 21st, 2021
Presenters: Dr. Rui Nui-Cooper, GVSU College of Education
SCECH Note: For $10, up to 10 SCECHs can be earned throughout this series.
There are 22 of 100 registrations available.
* denotes a required field