2022 GVSU CSO Core Values Award
At the GVSU Charter Schools Office, the primary focus is to understand complex problems in the GVSU network of schools, facilitating the design of solutions, and advancing remarkable change in teaching and learning. Our mission, vision, and strategic outcomes reflect the university's five core values. These core values, which are part of the GVSU’s Reach Higher Strategic Plan, provide a foundation and framework for all Grand Valley Charter Schools’ Office decision-making processes. The core values are:
- Inclusive and Equitable Community
- International Perspectives
To recognize, highlight, and celebrate the efforts of the GVSU network of schools to advance achievement of these core values, the GVSU Charter Schools Office is pleased to announce the 2022 Values-Based Awards Program. The awards will be presented to the school whose program, project, practice, or other initiative best demonstrates advancement of the core value. For 2022, the award will be presented for the value of Innovation.
The application window for the 2022 Core Values Award is now closed.
Eligibility and Requirements
The Awards Program is open to any GVSU-authorized charter school. Applications must be submitted by school boards, on behalf of the school.
- Only one submission per school is allowed.
- Academic performance of the school meets or exceeds the authorizing contract goals, based on the last set of statewide testing data.
- Fiscal and compliance performance of the school meets or exceeds standards, as reported in the most recent School Performance Report.
- CSO reserves the right to rescind any awards granted to an applicant who provided false or fraudulent application information.
- CSO reserves the exclusive right to interpret information submitted and determine awards without claim for damage or recourse of any kind.
Award Selection and Benefits
Award winners will be selected by an independent panel of reviewers that will consider applications and evidence submitted in support for the award category. The award category for 2022 is Innovation, for school initiatives that provide a direct impact on teacher empowerment or student learning.
Winning the award comes with many benefits, including:
- Award plaque, to be prominently displayed in the school.
- Award recipient information, to be included on the CSO website, newsletter, etc.
- Monetary grant of $1,000, which may be used to support student enrichment, professional development, or other purchases to support your school (funds will be added to your next academic grant award).
- Other recognition, at the discretion of the CSO.