How to Apply
*CSAL Graduate Assistantship Applications - The deadline for submitting CSAL Graduate Assistantship Applications is Friday, January 18, 2019. A link to the application will be sent to eligible students via e-mail after being admitted into the CSAL program with no conditions. Students must submit the CSAL Graduate Assistantship Application in order to attend CSAL Visitation Days. Please contact Keesha Walker of the Dean of Students Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions or concerns.
Steps to complete the application:
Please note application to the CSAL program is separate from graduate assistantship applications. Both must be submitted to be considered for a G.A. position.
- Complete the graduate program application.
- A $30 nonrefundable application fee (unless you have previously applied to Grand Valley)
- Official copies of transcripts from all institutions of higher education previously attended. Transcripts must be sent from those institutions directly to the GVSU Admissions Office. NOTE: We do not require official transcripts from Grand Valley.
- General eligibility requirements for federal aid require a valid Social Security Number. To assist with your financial aid processing, please complete this field on the application
- With the online application, be sure to upload 3 Letters of Recommendation. Printable a recommendation form.
Once you have been admitted to the program, you will receive an invitation to apply for an assistantship.
Please note the GRE is not required for admissions.
*Admissions to the Master's of Education CSAL program is done on a rolling basis. This will ensure your eligibility to participate in the graduate assistant interview process.
If you have questions about admission to the College of Education, contact Dr. Karyn Rabourn at email@example.com.
For a full list of questions and answers pertaining to perspective students, please click the link to the right.