What do you do if you're feeling suicidal?

On Campus

  • Talk to a mental health professional (GVSU Counseling Center (616) 331-3266). After hours you may
    talk to your RA or call Public Safety at (616) 331-3255.
  • Talk to others: friends, family, doctor, clergy (campus ministry), RA, graduate assistants, professor, or
    counselor at (616) 331-3266.
  • Ask a relative or friend to stay with you. If there is no one available you can go to a healthcare facility
    such as a campus health center, hospital or urgent care center.
  • Avoid alcohol and other non-prescribed drugs.

Off Campus

  • CALL 911 : Call your local emergency response services or proceed to the nearest hospital emergency room.
  • Call a suicide hotline. See a list here

Back to Emergency Services Page

Page last modified April 16, 2018