Quillian D. Murphy, M.S., M.S.Ed.
Doctoral Psychology Intern
Indiana University Bloomington (M.S.Ed., anticipated Ph.D.), Indiana State University (M.S.), Ferris State University (B.S.)
StrengthsFinder Top 5: Empathy, Individualization, Arranger, Woo, Positivity
Approach to Therapy: My approach to therapy embodies humanistic and social justice advocacy perspectives. More specifically, liberation, intersectional feminism, person-centered, solution-focused and systemic theories inform the art and science of the therapeutic approach I employ. Depending on the needs of others within the therapeutic alliance, I integrate cognitive and behavioral frameworks with the consideration of diverse cultural factors. In therapy, I seek to create a space that best meets the needs of the individual or group I am working with. Together we will foster a collaborative relationship of empowerment, honesty, support, and unconditional positive regard.
Campus and Community Involvement:
- APA Division 44: Society for the Psychology of Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity
- Peer Education Team
Areas of Clinical Interest:
- LGBTQIA+ Communities
- TGNC Supports
- First-Generation Student Experiences
- Relationships Issues
- Persons w/Dual Diagnosis
- Health and Educational Disparities
- Multicultural and Diversity Concerns
- Identity Exploration/Development
- Sexual Health
- Family of Origin Issues
- Career/Academic Concerns
- Reading/ Audio Books
- Spending time by the lake
- Catching up on my shows
- Playing racquetball, tennis, or bowling
- Spending time with family
- I’m a first-generation college student.
- I have participated in several theatrical productions.
- I created and advised an undergraduate organization for Students of Color interested in pursuing careers in mental healthcare.