Jaedah Pickens, LLMSW
Coordinator of Black Student Mental Health
Limited Licensed Master of Social Work
The University of Michigan (M.S.W.), Grand Valley State University (B.S.), Grand Rapids Community College (A.A.)
Approach to Therapy: Through person-centered planning, cognitive behavioral therapy, along with other modalities, I aim to provide a brave space for students to converse, process, and heal.
Areas of Clinical Interest:
- Cultural Identity
- Generational Trauma
- Racial Trauma
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Self-Esteem and Self-Worth
- Spending time with loved ones
- Shopping, including window shopping
- Going for walks
- Enjoying good food
- My first flight was when I traveled to study abroad in Ghana, Africa.