Devin Leivo, M.A., M.S.
Louisiana State University (B.S., B.A.), Loyola University New Orleans (M.S.), The Chicago School of Professional Psychology at Xavier University of Louisiana (M.A., anticipated Psy.D.)
StrengthsFinder Top 5: Achiever, Learner, Input, Competition, Individualization
Approach to Therapy: My approach to therapy involves providing guidance and support that empowers individuals to engage in actions that bring about a sense of personal meaning, satisfaction, and community connectedness. I am integrative in the methods used to facilitate this process, and I strive to be mindful of each client’s unique needs and the influence of intersecting identities on their individual experiences. As a therapist, I aim to create a safe, collaborative environment in which students can openly discuss their concerns, learn, and grow.
Areas of Clinical Interest:
- Positive sexuality and sexual health concerns
- Adult ADHD
- Personality assessment
- Career concerns
- Outdoor activities – hiking, camping, fishing, etc.
- Spending time with family and friends
- I love horror movies, especially ones from the 70s, 80s, and 90s
- I played soccer for 14 years
- I’ve donated my hair 5 times to various charities