LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Covid-19 and Mental Health
In response to the COVID-19 national emergency, the University Counseling Center (UCC) is adapting services to adhere to safety recommendations for students and staff. The response to COVID-19 is ever-changing, and we encourage checking our website often for updates and resources.
- Short-term teletherapy services are available to currently enrolled students. To schedule an appointment, call (616) 331-3266.
- Phone consultations are available for students who want to discuss services or need assistance finding a community provider. Please call (616) 331-3266. Or, find more information about community providers at our community provider database.
CRISIS PHONE CONSULTATION
- Emergency phone consultations during office hours are available for all enrolled students.
- For after-hours crisis consultations, visit our emergency site to utilize off-campus and national resources.
- Current clients may discuss psychiatric telehealth service options with their counselor.
- If you are in need of medication refill:
- Please call your pharmacy to check if you have a refill available
- If your pharmacy doesn’t have a refill, please contact the UCC as soon as possible (ideally 2 weeks prior to running out)
- If you have moved and need referrals to a provider near you, your UCC medication provider or clinician can help.
The UCC office in Allendale is staffed; however, we are not providing face-to-face services at this time.
- While we are staffed, please call our office at (616) 331-3266 versus dropping by.
- If you need to visit our center, you will be asked to wear a mask, maintain social distancing, follow current health and safety guidelines, and conduct a health screening. If you have any risk indicators from the health screening, we ask that you refrain from coming in and contact us over the phone.
- If anyone refuses to follow the UCC health and safety guidelines, our staff will discuss your options such as telehealth or a referral to a community provider.