Colin Bachinski, B.S.
Master of Social Work Intern
Grand Valley State University (M.S.W. Candidate), Grand Valley State University (B.S.), Certificate in Sport Coaching
StrengthsFinder Top 5: Analytical, Focus, Self-Assurance, Arranger, Harmony
Approach to Therapy: I work with clients by utilizing a cognitive-behavioral approach and by meeting the clients where they are. I believe that understanding oneself and being able to be mindful about what one is thinking and feeling is essential. Also, everyone is their own expert and knows what works best for them, so I encourage each person to lead the session.
- GVSU Athletic & Rec Facilities Graduate Assistant – Fieldhouse/Rec Center
Areas of Clinical Interest:
- Grief and Loss
- First-Generation Students
- Exercising, especially running and weight lifting
- Watching sports
- Spending time with my girlfriend and family
- Playing with my cats and tending to my garden
- I love just about any sport out there.
- I am a first-generation college graduate.
- I met Taylor Swift in July 2018.