Information for Faculty
Faculty members: Information regarding campus operations and resources can be found below.
- Remote academic instruction will continue through August 4. More details are available at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus.
- Faculty will continue receiving updates from Provost Maria Cimitile with specific instructions related to remote teaching. Additional questions from faculty members can be directed to the Office of the Provost.
- Answers to frequently asked questions for Academic & Student Affairs can be found on the Office of the Provost site.
- A wide array of resources regarding remote teaching can be found on the Faculty Teaching and Learning Center website.
- If students reach out regarding access to internet service, please inform them that students who qualify may be eligible for two free months of high-speed internet access in Comcast service areas. Details on the program are available at https://internetessentials.com/. Charter is offering similar free service; students can call 844-488-8395 for information.
- The university has canceled large events, including events organized by outside groups until further notice. If you have questions on event scheduling, contact (616) 331-6620 for events on the Pew Grand Rapids Campus, and (616) 331-2350 for events on the Allendale Campus.
- The University has suspended all Grand Valley-sponsored international travel and strongly discourages domestic travel until further notice. All nonessential university-related travel booked after March 12 will not be reimbursed. Any essential university-related travel must be approved by the Appointing Officer and Executive Officer. Be aware that essential travel is subject to suspension at short notice.
- University food services are closed. More information is available at https://www.gvsu.edu/campusdine.
- If your office employs student workers, please reach out to them regarding their individual situation.
- All campus athletics and recreation facilities will be closed until further notice.
- The Mary Idema Pew Library is closed until further notice.
- Be aware that scams are appearing in the unease surrounding COVID-19. Avoid malicious cyberattacks by using tips from Information Technology.
- Faculty who need counseling or support can access resources through Encompass.