For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through April 25. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
Information for Faculty
Faculty members: Information regarding campus operations and resources can be found below.
- Remote academic instruction for this semester will continue through April 25, including final exams. More details are available at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus.
- Faculty will continue receiving updates from Provost Maria Cimitile with specific instructions related to remote teaching. Additional questions from faculty members can be directed to the Office of the Provost.
- Answers to frequently asked questions for Academic & Student Affairs can be found on the Office of the Provost site.
- A wide array of resources regarding remote teaching can be found on the Faculty Teaching and Learning Center website.
- If students reach out regarding access to technology or access to internet service, please inform them that the library has a limited number of laptops available for loan, and students who qualify may be eligible for two free months of high-speed internet access in Comcast service areas. Details on both programs are available at www.gvsu.edu/library and at https://internetessentials.com/, respectively. Charter is offering similar free service; students can call 844-488-8395 for information.
- The university is canceling large events, including events organized by outside groups. If you have questions on events scheduled between now and May 10, contact (616) 331-6620 for events on the Pew Grand Rapids Campus, and (616) 331-2350 for events on the Allendale Campus.
- The university has suspended all Grand Valley-sponsored international travel at least through APril 25, and we strongly discourage domestic travel for university business. Information regarding travel and expense information is available from the business and finance office.
- Limited locations and options for food service on campus will be available. Availability will be updated at https://www.gvsu.edu/campusdine/.
- The Grand Valley Children’s Enrichment Center will remain open.
- If your office employs student workers, please reach out to them regarding their individual situation.
- All campus athletics and recreation facilities will be closed through April 25.
- The Mary Idema Pew Library is closed until further notice
- Be aware that scams are appearing in the unease surrounding COVID-19. Avoid malicious cyberattacks by using tips from Information Technology.
- Faculty who need counseling or support can access resources through Encompass.