Developing sustained university/community partnerships can be challenging and require great dedication of all involved parties. An engagement award is never about one person—instead, we recognize and celebrate the faculty, staff, students, and community partners who have persisted in the difficult work of planning, implementing and evaluating a collaborative effort. The Distinguished Engagement Initiative Awards recognize those committed to developing sustained and mutually beneficial relationships. Please see below to learn about award criteria and previous recipients.
Ehrlich Civically Engaged Faculty Award
2018 Ehrlich Award Cycle Now Open
You can access the nomination form directly here, and further details regarding eligibility and application components are attached.
The recipient and finalist will be announced in early fall 2018 and will be honored at Campus Compact's National Conference in March 2019. In addition, the winner will receive a $2000 award.
- Nominations will be accepted until 11:59 PM EST on May 31, 2018.
Distinguished Engagement Initiative Awards
Nominations for the Distinguished Engagement Initiative Awards will be evaluated by the following criteria:
- Achievement of mutually beneficial environmental, social, educational, and/or economic outcomes
- Relationships of reciprocity and full participation in which the community partner voice has been fully integrated into planning, implementation, and evaluation of the initiative
- An asset-based approach that is responsive to community needs
- A bold vision that challenges conventional wisdom
- Sustainable collaboration that is iterative and ongoing
- Student ownership and leadership—including planning, research, implementation, advocacy, and/or generating broader student interest in the project
Nominate a Partnership
The nomination form for the Distinguished Engagement Initiative Awards is now closed. Please check back in Winter 2018 to nominate a partnership for the awards.
In 2017, we recognized three partnerships with the Distinguished Engagement Initiative Awards. Click on the images below to learn more about the incredible work being done through these partners.
In 2016, we recognized three partnerships with two different awards: the Distinguished and Emerging Community Engagement Initiative Awards. Click on the images below to learn more about the incredible work being done through those partnerships.