For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through June 17. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
If you are planning on attending Grand Valley State University's Commencement Ceremony, review the following checklist to help you prepare!
- Make hotel reservations if you are traveling from out of town.
- Pick one of the many great Grand Rapids restaurants to celebrate at with your graduate, and make reservations in advance!
- Review the disability support page for you and/or other guests in need of assistance during the ceremony.
- Check out the parking maps provided and plan to arrive early in case of traffic!
- Obtain tickets from your graduate in advance. Because of increased security, it is difficult for guests to obtain tickets onsite.
- Have your ticket(s) ready in advance of entering. Walk-through metal detectors, wanding, and bag checks will be conducted at every point-of-entry into Van Andel Arena.
- Arrange to meet your graduate at a specific location after the ceremony.
- Plan to stay and enjoy the two hour celebration. We appreciate everyone staying until the conclusion of the ceremony and being respectful of all the new Laker Alumni!