You're so close to the end of your time at Grand Valley State University! Look over this page so make sure you're ready for Commencement!
- Apply to graduate through MyBanner or the Records Office.
- Pick up any cords or stoles for organizations recognizing graduation. If you studied abroad, contact Vicki Wenger at the Padnos International Center!
- Attend GradFest with your friends to celebrate this exciting time!
- RSVP and attend Toast with T. Haas a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
- Distribute tickets to your guests. It is difficult for guests to obtain tickets once onsite.
- Prepare for a two hour ceremony, and make a plan to meet your guests afterwards!
- Arrive at Van Andel Arena one hour early on Commencement Day to prepare for traffic and parking.
- Metal detectors, wanding, and bag checks will be conducted at every point-of-entry into Van Andel Arena. There are no lockers available, bring as little as possible or leave your valuables with your guests!
- Find your college line-up area once you are inside, and get your name card!
- Fill out a Professional Photo Card, that will be taken before you walk across the stage.
- Process and sit with your college. Review this document for detailed instructions!
- Walk across the stage, receive your diploma, move your tassel and leave Van Andel Arena as a Laker Alumni!
Send an email to email@example.com in advance if you are in need of disability accommodation for the Commencement ceremony.