Each year, College of Education students receive substantial financial support through scholarships reserved for students pursuing a career in education.
- During the 2020-2021 school year, 23 students received education scholarships - a total of $43,950
- During the 2019-2020 school year, 30 students received education scholarships - a total of $42,700
Scholarship Application Information
Candidates in both initial certification and graduate programs are eligible to apply. These scholarship opportunities are made possible by the generosity of individuals and organizations dedicated to the preparation of high-quality educators.
Please note that an essay is required for most College of Education scholarships. Each essay should describe how the particular scholarship will benefit you and should address the specific eligibility criteria for the scholarship.
To find scholarships for College of Education students and first-generation students, use the scholarships list on this page. There is a search filter that allows you to search for specific scholarships by entering a keyword. You can view the criteria for specific scholarships by selecting "View" next to each scholarship title.
Grand Valley State University's College of Education and the W.K. Kellogg Foundation have partnered with Battle Creek Public Schools to offer the Battle Creek Public Schools Student Teaching Scholarship. Scholarship funding covers full tuition for up to 16 undergraduate credit hours. Recipients also receive up to a $4,300 stipend to assist with cost of housing, textbooks, and mileage.
- Be interested in Student Teaching in Battle Creek Public Schools.
- Be eligible for application to Student Teaching through the College of Education.
- Respond with an essay: In 100 words or less, please tell us why you are interested in the opportunity to student teach in Battle Creek Public Schools.
Complete the PDF application and submit the form to Denise McConnell-Brown in the College of Education, 405 C DeVos. Recipients will be selected through an application review process and possible an interview.
PLEASE NOTE: The Battle Creek Public Schools Student Teaching Scholarship application must be completed by filling out the PDF application form.
- February 1st
- September 15th
Grand Valley State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. It encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities.