336 C DeVos
Educational Leadership and Counseling
Dr. Cathy Meyer-Looze is an Assistant Professor in the Educational Leadership program at Grand Valley State University teaching courses in both the Master’s and Specialist degree programs. Dr. Meyer-Looze has been an administrator of all levels in K-12 public education including serving as a Professional Development Director. She has a passion for understanding students today and how they learn in order to help them best prepare for the world they will live in tomorrow. She is also a strong advocate for distributing the leadership to empower all learners. Wanting to grow her wings in community services and leadership, she is a proud graduate of both Leadership Grand Traverse in Traverse City, Michigan and Leadership Little Traverse in Petoskey, Michigan. Cathy is married to Kelly Looze, and they happily follow their active daughter, Tacey, in all of her academic and athletic pursuits.
- Educational Leadership in both the Master's and Specialist degree programs
- Instructional Rounds
- K-12 Systems Reform
- Putting Theory into Practice
- Building Leadership Capacity
- Effective Collaborative Partnerships between K-12 and Higher Education
- Improving Instructional Practice
- Sustainable change
- Ed.D., Eastern Michigan University
- (Concentration: Educational Leadership)
- M.A., Central Michigan University
(Concentration: Educational Leadership)
- B.A., Saginaw Valley State University
(Major: Elementary Education)
Academic and Professional Activities
- Vice President (2017-present), Michigan Council of Professors of Educational Leadership
- Instructional Rounds Co-facilitator (2017) with Dr. Rick Vandermolen for GVSU Charter School Office
- Delta Kappa Gamma, Phi Chapter (2017-present)
- Vice President, Traverse City West Senior High Athletic Boosters (2017-present)
- Program Coordinator and Facilitator, Leadership Grand Traverse (2016-present), Traverse City Chamber of Commerce
- Program Coordinator (2016-present) for Master’s and Specialist Educational Leadership degree program
- Collaboration for Effective Educator Development Accountability and Reform (CEEDAR) (2015-2017)
- GVSU Faculty Teaching and Learning Advisory Council (2014-present)
- Board of Directors (2013-present), Learning Forward Michigan
- 2017-2018. Feedback Effectiveness in Teacher Evaluation. Traverse Bay Intermediate School District.
- 2016-2018. Building Leadership Capacity Series. Traverse Bay Intermediate School District and National Heritage Academy.
- 2015-present. Implementing MI Excel’s Blueprint for Turnaround in Frankfort Elberta Area Schools.
- 2013-present. Creating a cycle of continuous improvement through instructional rounds.
- Meyer, C. and Vandermolen, R. (January 7, 2017). Collaborative Partnerships for System-Wide Educational Improvement. International Congress for School Effectiveness and Improvement (ICSEI), Ottawa, Canada.
- Vandermolen, R., and Meyer, C. (October 21, 2016). Monitoring for Learning: Using Student Evidence to Inform Instruction. Lilly Conference on College and University Teaching and Learning, Traverse City, MI.
- Meyer, C., Vandermolen, R., and Richards, S. (October 20, 2016). Intentional Teaching through the Use of Protocols and Thinking Routines. Lilly Conference on College and University Teaching and Learning, Traverse City, MI.
- Meyer, C. and Vandermolen, R. (July 31, 2016). Creating Meaningful Partnership to Increase Student Results. National Council of Professors of Educational Administration (NCPEA), Detroit, MI.