LiveText Information Menu
LiveText is no longer required for GVSU College of Education students. As announced in March 2020, the College of Education is discontinuing our use of LiveText, the college's assessment and e-portfolio system. Grand Valley State University is adopting a central assessment system, Blackboard Learn, with plans to implement in Fall 2020. Please see our website News announcement for additional information.
LiveText: Instructions for Downloading Important Documents
You may wish to retain copies of files stored on LiveText. There are two primary locations of documents in LiveText: LiveText Docs and File Manager. You will need to log into LiveText using the username and password you created specifically for LiveText. Your GVSU username and password will not work. For assistance logging in, LiveText support is available via phone at (800) 311-5656 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend using Google Chrome as your browser due to the "Save as PDF" feature on the print dialog box.
Retaining Copies of LiveText Docs
To download a document from LiveText Docs, follow these directions. Please note that this includes portfolios created within LiveText .
- Login to LiveText.
- From LiveText's main menu, click “LiveText Docs”.
- Find a document you wish to save.
- Click the underlined document title.
- Choose between exporting your document as a ZIP file or as a PDF file: (a) To export the document as a ZIP file, click the export icon at the top of the document. The ZIP file will download to your computer. (b) To save the document as a single PDF file, click the printer icon at the top of the document. In your browser, select “Print”. Select “Save as PDF” as the destination and click the “Save” button.
- Repeat the above steps for each document listed in LiveText Docs that you wish to save.
Downloading Files Stored in LiveText's File Manager
To download a file from LiveText, follow these directions. Please note that this includes complete assignments and documents uploaded to LiveText.
- Login to LiveText.
- From LiveText's main menu, click “File Manager”.
- Find a file you wish to save.
- Click the “Download” link.
- Repeat the above steps for each file in the File Manager you wish to save.
Grand Valley State University’s College of Education makes every effort possible to provide information that is accurate and reflects the active policies and procedures of the College of Education. However, information shared on this page is subject to change at any time by appropriate action of the College of Education.