The College of Education Alumni Association gives back to Grand Valley State University by providing volunteering, networking, and professional development opportunities for current students and alumni.
College of Education Alumni Association Board
- Emily Horvat, Co-President
- Kate Powers, Co-President
- Lea Ebels
- Tom Ebels
- Vanessa Marble
- Teresa McDougall
- Clayton Pelon
- Kristy Rieger
- Lea Sevigny
- Eric Sherman
- Jamie Stuart
- Casey Thelenwood
- Alissa Zalewski
Michigan Literacy Project
- Are you a Grand Valley COE graduate?
- Have you been teaching 3 years or less in a non-chartered public school in Michigan?
- Are you teaching in a general education elementary classroom (K-5)?
- Are you teaching in an under-served district with limited resources?
- Are you in need of quality children’s literature for your classroom?
- Do you have a clear vision for how these books could be utilized to foster a love of literature in your own classroom?
If you answered, “YES” to all six questions, you are eligible to apply for a classroom library book grant provided by the Grand Valley State University College of Education Michigan Literacy Project.
To apply, visit https://www.gvsu.edu/coe/MLP and complete the short application. All applications will be reviewed by a team of GVSU faculty/staff. Qualified candidates will be chosen based on specific need and use criteria.
Photos from COE Alumni Events and Volunteer Work
GVSU Alumni Association
For more information on the GVSU Alumni Association please visit http://www.gvsu.edu/alumni/