Unit Head Mailing 2-22-11
- Action Items: Due Soon!
- Reminders of communications that were sent previously: University Information
- AWRI Vessel Requests
- CLAS Sabbatical Showcase and Spring Celebration, April 7, 2011
- Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship
- Important Dates
- Midterm grade reports completed in Banner- Mar 1 noon
- Dusty Course Forms to CLAS Dean's Office- Feb 23, 5 pm
- Incomplete Grades-Overdue Incompletes: Forms to CLAS Dean's Office Mar 4, 5pm
- WRT 305 is being eliminated effective Dec. 2011. Here is the link to the transition plan sent to all students.
- Gen Ed changes! Here is the link to review the proposed changes http://gvsu.edu/gened/ Share your thoughts about the proposed the revisions at one of the fora http://gvsu.edu/gened/index.cfm?id=3AF38EE5-BD71-4140-B191292A90BA61CD they start today .
- The Board of Trustees recently approved Faculty Handbook changes related to personnel. Please share the documents provided by Provost Davis with your faculty.
3. AWRI Vessel Requests (attachment)- Annis Water Resources Institute
Faculty - remember to book the boats well in advance so we can plan for the next year.
Hold the DATE!
Wednesday, April 7
Grand River Room, KC
5. Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship (attachment) - Amanda Cuevas
Q&A Information Session with Dr. Jackie Taylor of the Grand Rapids Rotary Club
What is the Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship?
Purpose is to further international understanding and friendly relations among people of different countries and geographical areas. It sponsors academic year scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students as well as for qualified professionals pursuing vocational studies to study internationally. Recipients of award serve as goodwill ambassadors to the host country and give presentations about their homelands to Rotary clubs and other groups.
When: Wednesday, February 23rd
Where: KC Room 2259
Time: 6:00-7:00 p.m.
Please RSVP: Call 331-3219 or e-mail email@example.com.
For more information or special accommodations please call 331-3219 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship visit: www.rotary.org/en/studentsandyouth/educationalprograms/ambassadorialscholarships
Feb. 23 Unit Head Meeting 2215/2216 KC, 3:00-5:00 Feb. 23 50th @ Noon Cook DeWitt Center, 12:00-12:45 Feb. 23 Dusty Course Forms Due CLAS Dean's Office Feb. 25 Inclusion Advocate Meeting (required for advocates) Mar. 1 Banner Closes at noon for Mid-term Grades Mar. 1 CLAS Service Award Nominations due CLAS Dean's Office Mar. 1 Personnel Materials (Promotion Only W11) due CPC Mar. 4 Incomplete Grade forms due Mar. 4 AP Award Nominations Due www.GVSU.edu/ap/awards
Mar 7-11 Spring Break Mar. 14 Staffing Plans for S11 Mar. 15 Unit heads will submit CD of electronic copies of FARs, Workload plans, vita to the Dean's Office Keesha (email@example.com)
Mar. 15 UH Summary for faculty/AP salary evaluation Pam Kelloggat B-4-232 MAK
Mar. 16 Unit Head Meeting 2215/2216 KC, 3:00-5:00 Mar. 17 CLAS Research Colloquium 308 PAD, 2:30-5:00 Mar. 18 Teaching With Technology Day DeVos Campus, 1:00-3:00 p.m. Mar. 22 Faculty & staff: Queer Theory seminar (sponsored by Allies & Advocates and CLAS); contact Dr. Laurel Westbrook ( firstname.lastname@example.org) for the pre-seminar reading. B-4-243 MAK; 4:15-5:30pm
Mar. 24 Draft S/S contracts to UH Mar. 26 MI Regional Science Olympiad Mar. 28 Draft S/S contracts due back B-4-232 MAK Mar. 28 Graduate Showcase 2011 Loosemore Auditorium, 4:30-7:30 Mar. 28 Phi Kappa Phi Induction Ceremony Grand River Room, KC, 4:00 Mar. 30 Unit Head Meeting 2215/2216 KC, 3:00-5:00 Mar. 31 Graduate Showcase 2011 Hager Auditorium in CHS, 4:30-7:30 April 7 Sabbatical Showcase Grand River Room, KC April 13 Student Scholars Day