North Star Reach volunteer opportunities
North Star Reach is a new universally accessible camp that serves children with serious health challenges and their families!
Summer 2017 volunteer position descriptions include:
Family Camp Counselors (For family camp, but you already knew that):
- Like Utility Players, family camp counselors take on all sorts of responsibilities during weekend programs
- Sometimes they play with kids, sometimes they lead activities, sometimes they set up and sometimes they clean up; they’re human Swiss Army Knives or the Everlasting Gobstoppers of camp; a little of this, a little of that and at the core lots and lots of fun
Cabin Leaders (for Summer Camp):
- Provide daily and nightly support and care to a cabin of six to ten campers of a similar age, typically with one to three other adults
- Are responsible for the general safety and well-being of campers with a focus on our intentional camp outcomes
- Live in a cabin with their kids and travel to cabin activities with them, assisting in program implementation, all while fostering a family-like atmosphere for campers in the cabin group
- Have been known to battle pirates and mermaids, defend forts, eat s’mores and answer knock-knock jokes all in the course of a single day
Support Directors (for summer camp):
- Provide support and supervision for the Cabin Leaders and Campers in a Constellation, or group of cabins
- Have the prowess of a ninja and the patience of a therapy dog
- Work behind-the-scenes organizing and leading evening programs, and supporting individual campers, volunteers and their cabins
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.