Interdisciplinary Entrepreneurship Certificate
This certificate is designed for all students who are seeking knowledge and skills related to Entrepreneurship. The three (3) courses are designed to allow students to gain knowledge, skill sets, and experiences beyond their major studies. Specifically, this certificate would be beneficial to students that want to start or become part of a small business or work within a larger organization as an innovator (intrapreneurship).
Participants are able to:
- Identify and solve problems
- Test and validate assumptions
- Conduct market research to understand the target market
- Execute strategies and develop presentation skills
Whether you are interested in creating a startup company or becoming a leader by fostering entrepreneurship in a pre-existing company, this is the program for you.
- Distinguish yourself in the job market by receiving an Interdisciplinary Entrepreneurship Certificate
- Learn skills that can be used in any career field
- Develop an entrepreneurial mind-set
- Networking opportunities with entrepreneurs and industry experts within the Grand Rapids community
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
The certificate is designed for all students regardless of majors. No prior entrepreneurship experience is required. Anyone who wants to start their own business or foster innovation in a company would benefit from attending the Bootcamp.
WHAT IF I DON’T WANT TO START MY OWN COMPANY?
Regardless of whether or not you want to start your own business, this certificate will teach you essential skills that will be valuable in any career. Companies are looking for employees who can gather information, make decisions, execute, manage resources, solve problems, and innovate. According to a report conducted by SHRM, 54% of employers today believe college graduates are seriously deficient in skills such as innovation and leadership. 73% of employers stated creativity is projected to increase in importance for future workforce entrants. The Interdisciplinary Entrepreneurship certificate will teach you these skills which will give you a competitive advantage as you enter into the workforce.
The certificate is available to all students. The courses can be taken sequentially during the fall and winter semesters or as an accelerated summer program. The following are the three required courses to complete the Interdisciplinary Entrepreneurship Certificate: ENT150, ENT151, and ENT251.
- ENT150 Entrepreneurial Quest (3 credits)
- ENT151 New Venture Feasibility (3 credits)
- ENT251 Entrepreneurial Management and Marketing (3 credits)
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
Schedule an appointment with your advisor today. If you have any questions, please contact Shorouq Almallah at firstname.lastname@example.org