Study Abroad in Turin, Italy 2019!
Study abroad in Turin, Italy with European Innovation Academy (EIA)!
A program ideal for students interested in entrepreneurship and innovation!
GVSU students join other students from around the world to create a start-up venture in Italy during 3 weeks during the summer.
- Students earn 3 credit hours, as transfer credit from Politecnico di Torino as either MGT 499 or ENT 350
- Course also fulfills one Issues course & Global Perspectives
- Business students may apply for a Seidman Study Abroad scholarship, on myScholarships
- Other scholarships and grants are available through the Padnos International Center.
- Take another 3 credit spring class, and qualify for financial aid!
- Designed for all students, ideal for those in business, engineering, and computing & information systems
For more information on EIA, please visit: https://www.inacademy.eu/
Read about the 2018 program highlights from GVSU students here
March 1, 2019
Program fee of $1940 USD
Shorouq Almallah, Director for The Richard M. and Helen DeVos Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation
For more information, please see this presentation:
EIA Industry Partners & Mentors
Who should apply?
GVSU undergraduate students who:
- Have a passion for entrepreneurship, and a drive for innovation
- Have tenacity and dedication to achieving course learning objectives
- Are willing to work on a multicultural team
- Have basic knowledge of Lean Startups
- Have tolerance and adaptability to cultural diversity
Expected Student Profile:
Students from all majors are welcome, with a particular emphasis on those with an entrepreneurial, IT, software engineering, marketing, or other business background. Each team has five students. Each team will have the following disciplines:
- Software, mobile or web development
- Design-UI/UX design
- Digital marketing and growth hacking
- Various Business fields
- Scientist & Other
GVSU Students July 2018
Host & Dates
• Transcript from: Politecnico di Torino
July 6-26, 2019 (3 weeks in Turin)
1 week online prior to start of the program
• Turn an idea into a start-up in 3 weeks
• Participate in interdisciplinary teams with top talent from around the world. This is an amazing networking opportunity for students.
• Work with mentors from companies such as: Google, Daimler, Peabody, Amazon, Airbnb, Santander, and more.
• 300 participants, 50 nationalities, and 60 startups!
*Fulfills (1) Issues course & Global Perspectives
• Students will earn a total of 3 transfer credits from Politecnico di Torino. Students can choose to receive either MGT 499 or ENT 350 credit.
Program fee: €1,699 Euro (paid to GVSU Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation, CEI)
1,699 Euro = $1940 USD
· 3 credits
· On-site coaching
$3,857 (varies based on individual choices and spending)
Students are responsible to purchase the following expenses directly:
· Airfare ($1200 - $1,500)
· Housing ($1,000) Paid directly to housing provider
· Meals ($600)
· ISIC card ($28)
· Passport/Visa ($145)
· Personal Expenses ($500)
· IS 380 course fee ($84—paid to GVSU)
How do I pay for study abroad?
• Students can use financial aid, scholarships, grants, personal funds and alternative loans to fund study abroad.
For more information on funding, visit: www.gvsu.edu/studyabroad
Housing is at Campus Sanpaolo ranges in pricing:
• Campus Sanpaolo double room (725€): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kpFVpaEF2Lls4x80Ih_b246ASPoAOzYd/view
• Campus Sanpaolo single room (825€): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OdI3mHLdUHekhzeqle08KhMTFoBeMHue/view
• Campus Sanpaolo twin apartment (825€): https://drive.google.com/file/d/10UBXLmtHB1sZuhIkwVBTI9Op57aNTJF4/view
• Campus Sanpaolo twin studio (775€): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CNwDpjet-yXrjZlZySMDdoxZzT0D3YWR/view
Eligibility & Application
Wondering if you are an eligible participant?
• Open to all majors. Students must have a 2.5 GPA.
To apply for this study abroad opportunity:
• Apply online at: www.gvsu.edu/studyabroad (Apply as a non-GVSU program)