LAKERS TOGETHER: ‘We can’t wait to meet you.’ One constant is our passion for teaching. Watch a faculty member talk about your learning experience.
A limited number of $1000 scholarships are available. To apply, email your resume and a one page essay highlighting your qualifications and interest in the program to Shorouq Almallah: firstname.lastname@example.org
Study abroad in Lisbon, Portugal with European Innovation Academy (EIA)!
A program ideal for students interested in entrepreneurship and innovation!
GVSU students join other students from around the world to create a start-up venture in Italy during 3 weeks during the summer.
For more information on EIA, please visit: https://www.inacademy.eu/portugal/
February 1, 2020
Shorouq Almallah, Director for The Richard M. and Helen DeVos Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Who should apply?
GVSU undergraduate students who:
Expected Student Profile:
Students from all majors are welcome, with a particular emphasis on those with an entrepreneurial, IT, software engineering, marketing, or other business background. Each team has five students. Each team will have the following disciplines:
European Innovation Academy 2019
Host & Dates
• Transcript from: Nova University
Summer 2020 (4 weeks):
1 week: One week conducted online prior to start of the program
3 weeks: July 12-31, 2020 in Portugal
• Turn an idea into a start-up in 3 weeks
• Participate in interdisciplinary teams with top talent from around the world. This is an amazing networking opportunity for students.
• Work with mentors from companies such as: Google, Daimler, Peabody, Amazon, Airbnb, Santander, and more.
• 650 participants, 100 nationalities!
*Fulfills (1) Issues course & Global Perspectives
• Students will earn a total of 3 transfer credits from Nova University in Portugal. Students can choose to receive either MGT 499 or ENT 350 credit.
Program fee: €1,699 Euro
1,699 Euro = Approx $1900 USD
· 3 credits
· On-site coaching
$3800+ (varies based on individual choices and spending)
Students are responsible to purchase the following expenses directly:
· Airfare: $1200 - $1,500
. Housing for three weeks: $800-$1000
· Meals: $600-$800
· ISIC card: $28
· Passport/Visa: $145
· Personal Expenses: $500
· IS 380 course fee ($84—paid to GVSU)
How do I pay for study abroad?
• Students can use financial aid, scholarships, grants, personal funds and alternative loans to fund study abroad.
For more information on funding, visit: www.gvsu.edu/studyabroad
Eligibility & Application
Wondering if you are an eligible participant?
• Open to all majors. Students must have a 2.5 GPA.
To apply for this study abroad opportunity:
• Apply online at: www.gvsu.edu/studyabroad (Apply as a non-GVSU program)
EIA Portugal 2019 - Aftermovie