LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Disney College Program
The Disney College Program team is proud to offer students from across the country the opportunity to participate in our one-of-a-kind Living, Learning and Earning experience.
Disney College Program Overview
Are you a college student who is looking for:
• A paid internship opportunity that will stand out on a résumé?
• A chance to work with world-renowned leadership and gain useful, transferable skills?
• A custom-designed learning curriculum that offers opportunity to gain college credit?
• An opportunity to meet people from around the world, make lifelong friends, and have fun?
As a part of the Disney College Program at the Disneyland® Resort in Anaheim, California, or Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, Florida, participants can take part in the internship of a lifetime!
Why should I participate?
• Experience a full-time internship with the company ranked the best place to start a career - the Walt Disney Company.
• Study the areas of business management, marketing, finance, tourism, leisure, hospitality and sociology/psychology
• Learn in exciting locations: Walt Disney World® Resort in Orlando, Florida and Disneyland in Anaheim, California.
• Excellent Housing
• Career advancement opportunities
• Highly experienced Disney University faculty plus the opportunity to meet senior Disney executives
Will I receive college credit?
GVSU Credits Available while on the Disney College Program: HTM 281 & 282 (open to all students regardless of major). These courses are 2 credits each. HTM students will also complete the HTM 290, HTM 390, or HTM 490 internship. Non HTM majors should meet with their academic advisors to see if internship credits are available in your major department.
What are the requirements?
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Have good academic standing
• Pass a background check at their local police station
• Recommended by school
• Have English language proficiency
• Pass an interview from Disney staff and GVSU staff
Visit the Disney College Program website for more information:
For GVSU Students interested in the Disney College Program, please contact:
Dr. Kristen Jack
Hospitality & Tourism Management Department
213C Richard M. DeVos Center
Dept. Phone: (616) 331-3118
Dept. Fax: (616) 331-3115