LAKERS TOGETHER: Grand Valley is preparing for successful learning experiences when classes resume on Aug. 31. Learn more about the plan for fall in this handbook.
Visit the Pew FTLC New Adjunct Faculty Online Orientation webpage to access introductory videos and materials that will orient you to the mission, vision, and values of GVSU as well as provide an overview of services and supports available to faculty.
When prompted, enter your GVSU network login and password. If you do not yet have a GVSU network login and password, please contact the Pew FTLC directly via email at email@example.com or by phone at 616-331-3498 so we can provide you with temporary access.
Additionally, we have assembled online resources for you to explore via our Digital Faculty Resource Notebook. Materials and information you'll find here include:
- University Syllabus Requirements
- Faculty Quick Start Guide
- Using Blackboard Photo Roster
- Acronyms for GVSU Programs, Departments, & Colleges
You can also request a physical copy of this New Faculty Resource Notebook be sent to you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The eLearning and Emerging Technologies group is also hosting Drop-In Open Office Hours, providing assistance with our course management system, Blackboard, and providing instructional design support. Faculty teaching in-seat, hybrid, or online courses are welcome to attend. Visit the eLearning & Emerging Technologies website for more information.
There are a few other web-based resources that might be helpful as you get started.
- Human Resources has gathered many online resources. Visit their New Staff Resources and Information webpage.
- New or relatively new to teaching? The Pew Faculty Teaching and Learning Center staff are available to assist you. We can answer questions, direct you to electronic resources, or meet for an individual consultation via phone, email or in person. Visit the Pew FTLC website for additional information.
- Not sure how to navigate campus? Parking Services has Campus Maps available online.
- Need to know the important dates and deadlines for the semester? Check out the Academic Calendar posted on the Registrar's webpage.
- Review the professional development opportunities the Pew FTLC offers on our Upcoming Events webpage.