This award honors a CCPS faculty member for significant service, teaching, program development, international projects, and other contributions to the internationalization of the University and campus community. It recognizes the achievements of tenured, tenure-track, or affiliate faculty members who advance international education and the global learning mission of CCPS. Examples of such accomplishments include, but are not limited to:
- Excellence in developing and/or leading a study abroad program or encouraging students to participate in high impact experiences outside the USA
- Leadership in building or improving international partnerships
- Commitment above and beyond normal scope of duties in meeting the needs of international students and/or faculty
- Inspiring global citizenship in others in the GVSU community, reflected in courses or campus activities
- Promoting and raising awareness of internationalization among GVSU students, faculty, and staff
- Effective help in the recruitment of qualified international students to GVSU
- Exemplary contribution to international research, scholarship, or teaching
The award winner is chosen by the CCPS College Advisory Committee. To be eligible, individuals must have been employed at GVSU for at least five years, and be a tenured, tenure-track, or affiliate faculty member. Individuals cannot be a previous winner in the past five years. Self-nominations are not accepted. Current members of the International Education Committee are not eligible for the award; IEC committee members may nominate a colleague. The award will be presented at the annual faculty awards ceremony, typically held in February of each Winter semester.
This award was created in 2017.
2020 Internationalization Award Recipient
School of Criminal Justice
2018 - Dianne Green-Smith
2019 - Joan Borst