CCPS has designated a College-wide strategic planning area: "The College of Community and Public Service is a celebration and exemplar of community-engaged teaching, research and service." To support this area, the following objectives have been adopted:
- At least 20% of academic courses incorporate community-based learning experiences.
- 100% of tenure stream faculty members participate in one or more external community / professional relationships not including membership in an external professional organization within their discipline.
- Community-engaged teaching, scholarship and service will be defined and recognized in the promotion and tenure of CCPS faculty.
- Develop a performance-based budgeting model to manage cost-efficient resource allocations and support community engagement.
- Each year, CCPS will assist its units in generating at least five items/events which (1) get positive attention or recognition external to GVSU, and (2) enhance our reputation for community engagement.