World of Work (W.O.W.) Career Exploration
Experience first-hand the life of a professional! The World of Work (W.O.W.) Career Exploration Program is a one-day, full-immersion exploration program that exposes students to the world of work. The program will introduce you to professional work culture as well as career opportunities that relate to your interests and skills.
How It Works
- Complete an application (you will need to upload your resume as part of the application).
- Need help with your resume? Stop by the Career Center during CareerLab (drop-ins) or schedule an appointment with a Career Advisor.
- Select an employer and visit the CareerLab before March 21 for personalized tips on how to make a great impression.
- Spend the day at the worksite of your selected employer, exploring the world of work and meeting new professionals.
- Review participating employer information: Winter 2019
- Application opens: December 2018
- Application due: March 8, 2019
- Select desired employer: March 11 - March 13, 2019
- Visit CareerLab for preparation information: March 11 - March 21, 2019
- Confirmation details sent to participating students and employers: March 18, 2019
- Explore the world of work at employer site: March 22, 2019
Important Things To Know
- Ask A LOT of questions! This is a great opportunity to learn about various industries and interest areas as well as meet with professionals. Feel free to bring resumes as well (though this is not required).
- This is a full-day immersion and you will be on-site from approximately 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Lunch will be provided.
- Every organization has a unique culture and set of expectations. Please adhere to any required dress and/or visitor code(s) which will be provided in the confirmation details.
- You are responsible for your own transportation to and from the employer site. Many sites are located on the GR Rapid bus route- fare is free with your GVSU student ID. If transportation is a concern, please contact the Career Center.
- As a representative of GVSU, students will be held to the student code and Career Center no show policy.
Pine Rest is one of the largest free-standing behavioral health providers in the nation. A nonprofit organization founded in 1910, the staff includes over 80 psychiatrists and doctors, 120+ psychologists, 250+ licensed masters-level social workers, and many talented RNs and Psychiatric Technicians who ensure only the best care is provided to our patients. Pine Rest offers inpatient hospitalization in our 225 bed hospital, outpatient counseling, addiction treatment and Community & Residential programs for at-risk youth, the homeless, and many more.
At Farmers Insurance, our employees set the tone, drive our strategy, dream of the future, and create world class customer experiences. Our employees also help make Farmers one of the largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses in the United States. We’re continually looking for new people to join our team. If you’re a proactive self-starter who wants to work on innovative, meaningful projects that make positive impacts on customers and communities, take a look at what working at Farmers could mean for you. Then, find the job that fits your career ambitions and apply.
At Hope Network, the people we serve may share a setback, a condition, a diagnosis, or need. However, each is unique. Each is on a personal journey. We meet them on that journey. Then we take on some of life's toughest challenges-together. We offer more than a list of services. We offer more than an expert approach. We offer the ability to overcome. We serve 240 plus communities, with 2800 staff members, to more than 20,000 people annually throughout Michigan.
Hello West Michigan promotes West Michigan as a place where business thrives and people want to live and work. We seek to increase the rate of success member companies have in their efforts to recruit top talent. Through collaborations with other businesses and organizations, we help new residents find their fit in the region.
Employer Listing Updated Daily