It's okay to be exploring your major. However, it is helpful to begin taking steps to identify what you're interested in, good at, and is important to you. Just get started!
- Check out over 200 majors.
- Start by crossing off majors you would NOT like to pursue.
- A career counselor can help you work from there to narrow down your options based on your interests, skills, and abilities.
- Participate in the W.O.W. Career Exploration Program, a half day immersion full-immersion exploration program that exposes students to the world of work. The program will introduce you to professional work culture as well as career opportunities that relate to your interests and skills.
- Take the US 102 Career Exploration Course (1 credit). This class is not required, but is recommended for exploring students and will guide you through your major and career planning.
- Check out the website What Can I Do with This Major and our Career Guides to learn about career opportunities.
- Watch Candid Career videos to hear interviews from professionals in over 200 occupations
- Attend the Majors Fair to talk with advisors and faculty members from all the majors on campus.
- Just a reminder, it’s ok to be exploring. Meet with your academic advisor to identify classes that can help you explore a major. As you learn about majors and careers you will be able to narrow down your options