Employer Spotlight Program
The Employer Spotlight program will bring an invited employer to campus to be featured in a series of five-minute classroom presentations (based on interested areas of study and recruitment needs) throughout the day and offer a tabling opportunity for networking in a visible campus location between classroom presentations. Additionally, the Career Center will sponsor a networking lunch and invite faculty and staff from applicable programs to lunch and learn more about the organization, culture, and job/internship opportunities offered.
Employer Spotlights will be scheduled during the Fall and Winter semesters in the weeks prior to Career Fair.
- Sign-Up: November 28, 2016, 8 am - December 16, 2016, 4:30 pm
- Classroom Visits: February 7-16, 2017
- Sign-Up: May 1, 2017, 8 am - August 16, 2017, 4:30 pm
- Classroom Visits: October 3-12, 2017
Benefits to Faculty
- Create vital ties to leading industry professionals who can provide insights on curriculum and needed hiring connections for students.
- A Career Center-managed program will cut down on individual classroom presentation requests by streamlining presentations into a few set days per semester and will offer a place to refer employer contacts.
- Identify potential advisory board candidates.
- Create broader programmatic exposure to GVSU employer partners hiring in your area.
Benefits to Students
Through this program, students are provided the opportunity to engage with a featured employer and learn more about the internship/career opportunities available. It also serves to better educate and prepare undergraduate and graduate students throughout their academic career.
- Freshman learn about future career paths and corresponding majors.
- Sophomores are exposed to the importance and process of networking.
- Juniors explore internship opportunities.
- Seniors and Graduates discuss potential career paths.