Explore Careers and Majors
- Focus 2 - Which careers match your career assessment results?
- O*Net - An online resource providing employment data, such as salaries and job forecasts.
- Career One Stop - Describes skills and job duties for multiple occupations and employment outlooks in regional and national context.
- Informational Interviews - Connect with professionals working in an area of interest to learn first-hand information and to begin building a career network. The Career Contact Bank can help you identify potential contacts.
- Job Shadows - Spending time at a work site observing professionals in action helps guide the career planning process.
- Attend Careers In, Careers At and Career Fairs - Career Center Events offered each semester where you can meet employers and professionals in a variety of fields.
- Focus 2 - Which majors match your career assessment results?
- Attend the Majors Fair - Held each fall to hear directly from faculty about GVSU programs you might consider pursuing.
- List of GVSU Majors - Research course offerings, program descriptions and requirements.
- Student Academic Success Center - Make an appointment with an academic advisor to explore GVSU majors, discuss your academic plan, and build your schedule.
- Parallel Planning - Does your major have a secondary admit process? Schedule a 'parallel planning' appointment by calling (616) 331-3311.
- What Can I Do With My Major - Highlights career paths related to area of study, identifies potential fields of employments, and ways to develop skills outside the classroom.