Grand Valley Career Center hosts a variety of career events throughout the year that bring together employers and recruiters with undergraduate and graduate students and alumni looking for full-time jobs and internships.
- Inclusive Recruitment & Retention Conference - July 26, 2019
- Campus Life Night - August 25, 2019
- Accounting Pre-Recruiting - September 10 & 11, 2020 Save the Date!
Accounting Recruiting Information & Policies
- Fall Career & Internship Fair - October 15, 2020 Save the Date!
- Nonprofit Volunteer & Internship Fair - September 12, 2019
- Winter Career & Internship Fair - February 26, 2020
Pricing | Schedule | Parking, Unloading & Shipping | Travel & Accommodations | Connecting with Career Explorers
- Summer Job Fair - March 17, 2020
- In-State & Out-of-State Education Fairs - April 21, 2020 (TENTATIVE)
These industry-specific fairs offer students an opportunity to talk with attending employers about work options and your hiring needs. These events are promoted to students who are exploring career paths, as well as those actively searching for a job or internship. Employers have the ability to set up a table to speak with students in an informational capacity. Events in the Careers In series include:
Setting up a table in a high traffic location in either Allendale or the Pew campus (downtown Grand Rapids) is another great way to raise brand awareness and reach students. Tabling reservations should be made at least two days before you plan to come to campus and no earlier than 30 days in advance.
- Click on “Request an Event” at GVSU.
- Enter “tabling” in the event name.
- Select the day and times you wish to table.
- In the description, specify a campus building or the student population you wish to target and we can choose an appropriate location.
Once requested, we will do our best to accommodate your date and location requests.
World of Work Career Exploration Program
A one-day, full immersion career exploration opportunity that exposes students to potential career paths and work environments. The program introduces students to professional work culture, as well as career opportunities that relate to their interests, skills and degree program. www.gvsu.edu/careers/wow
World of Work Career Exploration allows your organization to:
- Showcase the daily activities, opportunities and requirements of your organization.
- Demonstrate how your organization may align with different majors and degree programs.
- Allow for early identification of potential candidates for internships and full-time positions.
- Gain exposure for your organization by introducing students to your culture.
The Employer Spotlight program invites one of GVSU's Top Employer partners to campus for a day to be featured in a series of 5-minute classroom presentations throughout the day and offers a tabling opportunity in a visible location between presentations. Additionally, we invite faculty and staff from applicable programs to lunch and learn more about your organization, culture, and the job/internship opportunities you offer.
Through this program, students are provided the opportunity to engage with a featured employer and learn more about the internship/career opportunities available. It also serves to better educate and prepare undergraduate and graduate students throughout their academic career.
- Freshman learn about future career paths and corresponding majors.
- Sophomores are exposed to the importance and process of networking.
- Juniors explore internship opportunities.
- Seniors and Graduates discuss potential career paths.
Employer Spotlights are offered during the two weeks prior to each of our bi-annual Career Fairs. Due to the limited spots available for this program, employers can generally be featured only once every three academic years. Cost for participating is $250.