Grand Valley Career Center hosts a variety of career events throughout the year that bring together employers and recruiters with undergraduate and graduate students and alumni looking for full-time jobs and internships.
Please Mark Your Calendars for 2018-19 events per below.
Due to our current transition from LakerJobs to Handshake, we anticipate event registrations will open in late-June or July.
- Accounting Pre-Recruiting - September 6 & 7, 2018
Accounting Recruiting Information & Policies
- Nonprofit Volunteer & Internship Fairs - September 13, 2018 & January 30, 2019
- Fall Career Fair - October 16, 2018 - SOLD OUT!
Pricing | Schedule | Parking, Unloading & Shipping | Travel & Accommodations | Connecting with Career Explorers
- Engineering Co-Op Career Fair - January 23, 2019
- Winter Career Fair & Health Career Expo - February 21, 2019
- Out-of-State Teacher Fair - March 4 & 5, 2019
- Summer Job Fair - TBD March 2019
- Teacher Search - TBD April 2019
These industry-specific fairs offer students an opportunity to talk with attending employers about work options and your hiring needs. These events are promoted to students who are exploring career paths, as well as those actively searching for a job or internship. Employers have the ability to set up a table to speak with students in an informational capacity. Events in the Careers In series include:
The Employer Spotlight program invites one of GVSU's Top Employer partners to campus for a day to be featured in a series of 5-minute classroom presentations throughout the day and offers a tabling opportunity in a visible location between presentations. Additionally, we invite faculty and staff from applicable programs to lunch and learn more about your organization, culture, and the job/internship opportunities you offer.
Through this program, students are provided the opportunity to engage with a featured employer and learn more about the internship/career opportunities available. It also serves to better educate and prepare undergraduate and graduate students throughout their academic career.
- Freshman learn about future career paths and corresponding majors.
- Sophomores are exposed to the importance and process of networking.
- Juniors explore internship opportunities.
- Seniors and Graduates discuss potential career paths.
Employer Spotlights are offered during the two weeks prior to each of our bi-annual Career Fairs. Due to the limited spots available for this program, employers can generally be featured only once every three academic years. Cost for participating is $250.
Presentations and Workshops
Volunteer to provide your recruiter expertise at career-themed workshops, seminars, class presentations and panels which are regularly offered to students and alumni on campus. Topics include resume writing, interviewing techniques, networking, and job/internship search strategies.
To learn more about employer and recruitment events and how your organization can participate, contact Susan Proctor: email@example.com or 616-331-6708.
Setting up a table in a high traffic location either in Allendale or our Pew campus (downtown Grand Rapids) is another great way to raise brand awareness and reach students. Tabling reservations should be made at least two days before you plan to be on campus and no earlier than 30 days in advance. For our full policies on tabling, please click here.
To reserve a table, please login into your Handshake account or create a new one:
- Click on the “Request an Event” at GVSU
- Please put “tabling” in the event name
- Select the day and times you wish to table
- In your description you can specify a location or the student population you wish to target and we can choose a location that best aligns those.
Once requested, we will do our best to accommodate your date and location requests.