You are a Laker for a Lifetime and the Career Center will always be available to support you as you grow in your professional endeavors. We have certified career coaches on staff to work with you as you look to grow, re-tool, or make a pivot in your career. Schedule a virtual or remote appointment by logging into Handshake or calling 616-331-3311.
Education, School of Communication, English, Writing, Visual & Media Arts, Integrative Studies
Office Address: 200 Student Services
Phone: (616) 331-3311
Lisa is a Career Advisor/Coach who works with students, faculty, and employers in the communications, humanities, education, and integrated studies (LEADS) programs.
Seidman College of Business and Sport Management
Office Address: 101B DeVos
Phone: (616) 331-6708
Lori is a Career Advisor/Coach and works with students, faculty, and employers in the Seidman College of Business, as well as HTM and Sport Management.
The GVSU Career Center has remote appointment options available! Log into Handshake to schedule an appointment. Once you’ve selected your desired appointment category and type, you’ll see an option to select either a Phone Appointment or Remote Appointment medium in the upper right corner of your screen. If you need further assistance, please call (616) 331-3311
- Phone appointments: your advisor will contact you at the time and phone number you provide when you schedule your appointment through Handshake.
- Remote appointments: click the Zoom URL link provided in your appointment confirmation email. You will be connected with your advisor once they also join the Zoom appointment.
- Please download the Zoom application to your desktop or phone any time prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- Uploading resumes/documents: if you would like to review your resume, cover letter, personal statement or other application materials, please upload documents to Handshake prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- Cancelling appointments: should you need to cancel your appointment at any time, simply log into Handshake, click the Career Center link in the top navigation, select Appointments, and the "Cancel Appointment" button in the desired appointment.