As expected, due to COVID-19, Campus Dining will make some changes for the 20/21 academic year. In an effort to keep guests safe, Campus Dining has been hard at work planning changes that will offer quality dining experiences while adhering to CDC guidelines, the governor’s executive orders and local health department recommendations. With that in mind, Campus Dining will close the following locations for the 20/21 academic year:
- Fresh Food Company on the Upper Level in Commons
- P.O.D. Express inside Mackinac Hall
- Plaza Cafe inside the DeVos Center
- The Faculty Dining Room on lower level Kirkhof
- Corner Store inside AuSable Hall
- Which Wich inside the Marketplace
- Fusion on the Lower Level in Kirkhoff
- GV Brew in the Library
Expanded Hours, Cashless Payments, Meal Plan Update
The closings listed above have inspired a number of changes elsewhere and one alteration to Meal Plan offerings.
- The Market inside Kleiner will open earlier to serve breakfast and remain open until midnight
- POD C-Store and Java City in Kleiner will be open but will no longer offer 24-hour service (to accommodate overnight cleaning and sanitizing)
- The allergen station, called My Fresh Pantry, will be located inside Kleiner’s Market. For more information, please refer to the Nutrition page.
- Panda Express in Kirkhof Center will expand hours, Monday – Thursday, until 8 p.m.
- Starbucks inside the Marketplace will expand hours, Monday – Thursday, until 8 p.m.
- All Campus Dining locations, with one exception, the Lobby Shop in Kirkhof, will be cashless to reduce touchpoints (Meal Plans, Campus Dining gift cards, personal debit/credit and Apple Pay will be accepted)
- The Unlimited Fresh Meal Plan will be replaced by the 19+ plan
Campus Dining will refresh two brands.
- All Croutons salad stations will be updated to Simple Greens, with new fresh topping selections and grain bowls.
- Jump Asian Express inside Fuel will be replaced with Spice Asian Kitchen. Spice includes popular Asian entrees and new sesame noodle bowls, Asian chopped salads, Vietnamese Banh Mi sandwiches. A Spice Box combo includes an entrée and a handheld item (eggroll, spring roll, potato samosa, pork potsticker, or crab rangoons).
All national brands will remain open and will follow suggested menu guidelines from each brand. You will see minor menu changes.
Social Distancing, Take and Go, Cleaning
Many dining locations will reduce seating density based on social distancing guidelines. These seating changes have inspired all locations to serve in “to go” containers, giving guests the freedom to choose where they dine. Campus Dining will add dining room attendants specifically focused on cleaning and sanitizing tables and chairs throughout service times. The Campus Dining Clean Team (an overnight cleaning group) will be expanded in number and retool cleaning and sanitizing processes in each location.