Healthy Campus 2020
GVSU has taken the Healthy Campus 2020 pledge. Healthy Campus 2020 is a framework to support campuses in improving the health of their students, staff, and faculty. No two Healthy Campus initiatives are exactly alike, but a successful Healthy Campus initiative includes:
The taskforce is comprised of five working committees focused on building a culture of health at Grand Valley State University:
Personal Health and Responsibility
- Developing recommendations regarding student immunizations. Currently there are no recommendations in place for Grand Valley State University.
- Implementing training for professional staff on protocol for handling a situation involving an eating disorder.
- Healthy menu choice labeling pilot program.
Building a Wellness Environment
- Developing and implementing promotion of stair use on campus versus elevators.
- Review of the tobacco policy and developing recommendations in conjunction with Student Senate for revisions to the policy.
- Developed a recommendation statement for GVSU on the 48th street expansion project.
- Reviewing the American League of Bicyclists Bicycle Friendly University Program and applications required for GVSU to become a Bicycle Friendly University.
- Focus on stress management initiatives and projects.
Communication and Campaigns
- Development of the Bewell website.