Good health is vital to the success of students, faculty and staff at Grand Valley State University. Our task force is an interdepartmental collaboration working together to assesses, recommend and implement strategies to support total well-being of students, faculty and staff.
Who We Are/Initiatives
"GVSU has a well-established reputation for the wellness of students, faculty and staff at all levels".
2016-2020 GVSU strategic plan (Page 19-Strategic Priority 3: Institutional outcome E:Objective 3.E.3)
Our vision is to be the healthiest campus in Michigan.
Our mission is to increase collaboration and awareness among campus partners to identify wellness opportunities for GVSU students, faculty and staff and act on those opportunities to develop a campus culture that supports good health and well-being.
GVSU Wellness Task Force Key recommendations
- Align with Healthy Campus 2020 benchmarks:
- GVSU student metrics (this link has been removed, please contact Amy Campbell: email@example.com with any questions)
- GVSU faculty and staff metrics
- Sign on to Exercise is Medicine on Campus Initiative -signed by President Haas Oct 7th, 2016
- Sign on to the Partnership for a Healthier America-Healthy Campus Initiative-signed on in May 2016
Healthy Campus 2020
GVSU has taken the Healthy Campus 2020 pledge. Healthy Campus 2020 is a framework to support campuses in improving the health of their students, staff, and faculty. No two Healthy Campus initiatives are exactly alike, but a successful Healthy Campus initiative includes:
Task Force Sub Committees
The task force is comprised of working committees focused on building the value of health at Grand Valley State University. Work includes advocacy, collaboration and implementation for policies and programs supportive of positive health behaviors including:
- Personal health and responsibility
- Nutrition education
- Building a wellness environment
- Mental health
- Health promotion, communication and campaigns