Calhoun County Educational Resources
YOU Kalamazoo RESA My CITY Summer Program
MyCITY is a summer youth employment program that serves as the gateway to paid internship and work experience. For just seven weeks this summer, you can get paid to explore as many career paths as you want, develop leadership skills, learn how to set goals and hold yourself accountable, and connect with employers in your community. This program is open to City of Kalamazoo, Battle Creek and Albion residents age 14-21 who are ready to take the next – or first – step on their career pathway.
- Must be 14-21-years old as of June 22, 2021
- If you're 18-years old or older, check out CareerNOW, our paid short-term career training program
- City resident of Kalamazoo, Battle Creek or Albion
- Interest in planning and working on career pathway
GVSU K-12 Connect Virtual Tutoring for ALL Michigan Students
GVSU K-12 Connect Virtual Tutoring is available for any student in grades K-12 beginning. This program is a free, virtual 1:1 tutoring/homework support service in which students can harness additional learning support through connecting with university students, faculty, or staff with expertise in various subjects through Zoom. Whether you are looking for a one-time appointment or recurring, weekly sessions, the tutoring center can accommodate any student's tutoring needs.
Currently, K-12 Connect offers tutoring in the following subject areas and grade levels:
- Language: Spanish (K-12), Mandarin Chinese (K-12), German (6-12)
- Math (K-12)
- English Language Arts (K-12)
- Science (K-12)
- Social Studies (K-12)
- NEW: Targeted Literacy Project (1-4)
- The Targeted Literacy Project (TLP) is a pilot program aimed at supporting students in grades 1-4 who are a year or more behind in reading. There are limited slots available for this program. To participate, sign up for a consultation where your student will be assessed to verify eligibility. If eligible, your student will be required to meet four times each week for 30 minutes with a TLP tutor. A parent or guardian must be present at the initial consultation.
- If there are no available slots for the program, you may complete THIS FORM to be placed on a waiting list for future available slots.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact email@example.com.
You are welcome to speak with a K-12 Connect Specialist by connecting to the K-12 Connect Zoom site and asking to join the support room. A support person is available Monday-Friday from 9am-7pm, and on Saturdays from 11am-5pm.
Print the FLYER for future use
Edge Factor's Mission
Edge Factor empowers communities to tackle workforce development, inspire students, reach parents, and build relationships between local companies, schools, and families. We equip K-12 and postsecondary schools, businesses, workforce development organizations, and families with e-learning tools to showcase industries and careers, teach soft skills, show how STEAM comes alive in the real world, and highlight local training and career opportunities.
To learn more about Edge Factor Click Here
Professional Development Opportunities from the Calhoun Intermediate School District (CISD)
Are you an educator looking for professional development opportunities that provide SCECHs?
Check out Calhoun ISD's variety of learning topics that fit your interest!
STARR Commonwealth offers many resources and trainings centered around Trauma-Informed Care and a Resilience-Focused Mindset. If you are a parent, educator, or a survivor that is interested in successful and innovative techniques, visit STARR Commonwealth's webpage for more information.
Currently, STARR is offering:
- Training and Coaching
- Online Courses
- and much more!
Parent and Student Guides to Virtual Learning
Virtual learning is a great option for students and can be an effective way to learn. Because taking virtual courses is quite different from taking courses in face-to-face classrooms, however, it’s important for students to understand what habits they should have or ought to develop and what support systems they will need to succeed. Research shows that students who are well-prepared and well-supported for this new experience perform better in their courses.
Willard Library Live Programs and Curbside Pickup Service
While in-person visits are not allowed, contactless curbside service is available for holds pickup, faxing, and printing at both libraries. Please remain in your vehicle to receive this service. We ask guests to wear masks while we are assisting them. To reserve books, audiobooks, or DVDs, holds may be placed via: Library website catalog: WillardLibrary.org Willard app email Phone 269-968-8166, ext. 513 After you receive a phone call, email, or text telling you that your holds are available.
Willard Library is now live streaming some of their programming that will engage your family at home.