Membership Requirements Kappa Beta Chapter of Beta Alpha Psi Revised by the Winter 2018 Executive Board
Beta Alpha Psi membership includes persons of good moral character who have achieved scholastic and/or professional excellence in the field of accounting, who have been initiated according to the ritual, and who remain in good academic standing and continue to pay applicable dues. Membership shall be open to all regardless of race, color, sex, religion, disability, national origin, or veteran status.
Membership shall be evidenced by a certificate of membership, authenticated by official signatures and the seal of Beta Alpha Psi, that shall be issued to each Student, Faculty, and Honorary initiate upon payment of the initiation fee.
These minimum requirements for membership are set forth in the International Constitution and Bylaws.
Because the Kappa Beta Chapter consistently strives to achieve the Superior Designation, the highest designation bestowed by the National Organization on its chapters, the chapter has set forth additional requirements for its members. These additional requirements shall be waived only in extreme circumstances, such as a death in the family. These requirements apply to all pledges and members, Graduate and Undergraduate alike, until graduation from the academic program they pledged under.
For questions about membership requirements, e-mail Faculty Adviser Professor Danko
Requirements for all Active Student Members and Pledges
- Miss no more than two regular meetings per semester, except for pledges who may miss no more than one regular meeting.
- Participate substantially in all mandatory fundraising events
- Complete ten hours of community service per semester.
- Pay chapter dues every semester
- Must remain active in Beta Alpha Psi and meet all the requirements until they graduate with their degree, at which time they will be considered an Alumni member.
- Abide by the International Constitution and Bylaws
Requirements for Undergraduate Pledges to earn Membership
- Must miss no more than one regular meeting during the pledging semester preceding initiation.
- Must have a declared major in accounting.
- Must have completed two years of collegiate courses and be enrolled in or have completed ACC 310.
- Must have an upper level accounting GPA of 3.00 or greater, or attain that GPA upon completion of their first upper level courses.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater or have a 3.3 GPA on their most recent 30 semester hours.
- Must have satisfied attendance and service hour requirements by their first semester pledging.
Requirements for Graduate Pledges to earn Membership
- Must miss no more than one regular meeting during the pledging semester preceding initiation. (No exceptions shall be made for Thursday night classes.)
- Must have a stated interest in accounting, finance or information systems.
- Must be accepted in the Masters Degree program in Accounting or Taxation.
Because the Kappa Beta Chapter consistently strives to achieve the Superior Designation, the highest designation bestowed by the National Organization on its chapters, the chapter has set forth additional requirements for its members.
Those who meet these requirements will continue to enjoy the benefits of membership status and be considered members in "Good Standing".
Those who go above and beyond the requirements for members and achieve goals set by the Executive Board shall be considered members in "Superior Standing".
Each Semester, the Recording Secretary shall compile a list of all New Members, Graduating Members on Alumni Status, Members in Good Standing, Members in Superior Standing as well as Members who failed to achieve Good Standing.
This list of member status shall be mailed to all area accounting firms and posted on the chapter website at the end of each semester.