LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Peer to Peer Support for Students with ASD
This module provides participants information about systems for establishing a peer to peer support program to increase opportunities for students with ASD to access general education settings and curriculum. Peers model typical academic and social behavior in educational environments throughout the school day and provide support for students with ASD to promote independence and socialization. Peer to peer support programs and inclusion of students with ASD not only impacts outcomes for students with ASD, but has a powerful impact on typical peers and at risk students. The specific steps for developing a peer to peer support program will be presented including: recruitment, training and maintenance and includes the concept of medium of exchange as a way to connect students.
- Medium of Exchange Role Play
- Peer to Peer Support Guideline - Elementary Level
- Effects of Peer support on Ss in Gen Curric 2005
- The LINK Program
- Secondary Peer to Peer Program Playbook
- Elementary Peer to Peer Program Playbook
- Participation vs Helping Model PowerPoint
- Complex Kids and Peer to Peer Support PowerPoint
Visit the Peer to Peer webpage for more information.
Please note: materials and handouts are subject to change. Some videos and images may have been removed from materials and handouts due to copyright restrictions.