LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
BYF Intensive Training Hub: Oakland Schools
Page updated May 13, 2021
This page will be used to communicate information to Intensive Training sites and approved teams participating in the training series.
If you have a change to the makeup of your team, please contact Kimberly Cannon, Kimberly.Cannon@oakland.k12.mi.us.
Oakland Schools Contacts:
- Amy Gjonaj, Amy.Gjonaj@oakland.k12.mi.us
- Matt Korolden, email@example.com, (248) 209-2504
- Deborah Durant, Deborah.Durant@oakland.k12.mi.us
- Kimberly Cannon, Kimberly.Cannon@oakland.k12.mi.us
- Colleen Meszler, Colleen.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kellie Fitzgerald, email@example.com, (616) 331-6483
- Virtual Training: The module is presented live, in a virtual format. Each team should plan to be together for the virtual modules. Each team will need to identify a team leader/facilitator and will also need access to a meeting room, computer, and projector.
- In-person Training: The module is presented live with teams physically attending in-person at a venue.
- Recorded Webinar: The video is prerecorded and made available to teams to watch asynchronous.
Module Information & Materials
Information for Team Facilitators/Leaders
Each team should identify a team facilitator. The facilitator is responsible for coordinating technology and supplies for the live virtual trainings, and facilitating the team during the live virtual trainings. Each team's facilitator should review the below information which details the responsibilities and expectations of the role:
Selecting a Target Student
The purpose of selecting a Target Student for the BYF Intensive Training is for the team to learn to apply the secondary transition support strategies, use assessment and planning tools (e.g., discovery process), and collect data to demonstrate progress over time. Use the Checklist for Team and Target Student Selection as guide for this process.
Parents and Families
- Letter to BYF Families
- Letter to BYF Target Student
- 2020-2021 BYF Oakland Schedule
- Module descriptions, learning objectives, and agendas
- BYF Target Student Reporting Form:
- Beginning of the Year:
- Use the Beginning of the Year BYF Target Student Reporting Form (found in your Team Binder) to collect your data.
- Submit the data here by December 21, 2020.
- End of Year:
- Use the Word Document version of the Target Student Reporting Form to collect your data.
- All teams are required to submit their Target Student data by May 21, 2021.
- Beginning of the Year:
SCECHs/SW Credits Information
For questions about SCECHs/SW Credits, please contact Kimberly Cannon Kimberly.firstname.lastname@example.org
A total of 5.5-43.75 SCECH/SW credits are being offered for the 20-21 BYF Training Series. To earn credit:
- Participants are required to sign out at the end of each module using a specified link. Link will be shared in the chat at the end of the training.
- The link will be distributed to all participants once the presentation is over, so be sure to obtain this from the presenter before you leave at the end of the training.
- You will be asked to enter your name, email, district and PIC/SW number.
- Your attendance is being monitored by your login details to the Zoom Platform for each module you attend for the 20-21 BYF Training Modules
- Registration is required!
- If you have questions regarding your attendance or registration status, please email Kimberly.email@example.com
- Participants must attend 100% of the virtual session(s) to receive attendance certificate and/or appropriate credit(s)
- A summary of your attendance will be sent to the Oakland Schools event management team after each session and will be used to verify SCECH/SW credits (if applicable)
- When logging into the Zoom session, please be sure to enter your legal first and last name. This is what will be printed on your Certificate of Attendance!
- Your PIC or SW License number is required to receive credit for the module(s) you attend. Please be sure you have access to your PIC/SW license number when you sign the form!
- Please be sure to keep track of your attendance for your records.
Payment: While you are required to sign out for each session you wish to get credit for, you will only need to pay one time to receive credits for what you attended.
- You will be sent a link to pay for applicable credits to your email (the one used to sign out) when you CHECK-OUT after the last day of the training which is 04/15/2021.
- A $10.00 fee will be collected for SCECH.
- A $5.00 fee will be collected for SW Credits.