Applicants for EPLI Level 1 Trainer of START Content
- A Michigan Department of Education credential and employed by a public school in Michigan
- At least 3 years of experience working with students with ASD
- Possess strong content knowledge in ASD and evidence-based practices to support students with ASD
- Commit to attending the 2-day intensive training module presented by START project staff OR have attended the module within the last 3 years
- Commit to attend a regional mini-IT presented by EPLI Level 1 Trainers of START content or attend an additional 2-day START-presented module OR have attended an additional 2-day START-presented module within the last 3 years.
- Good public speaking skills and a willingness to further develop these skills.
- Strong working relationships and a credible reputation with colleagues.
- Ability to connect well with adult learners during training and regularly monitor for understanding.
- Ability to deliver training content with attention to expectations, pacing, and strategies for active engagement of participants.
- Ability and willingness to devote a dedicated amount of time to deepening personal knowledge of content and to practice delivering the content prior to trainings.
- Willingness to engage in continuous improvement related to training abilities and performance through ongoing dialogue and feedback loops.