Secondary Transition Training
This webinar series will provide participants with an overview of relevant secondary transition resources and key components for practice and implementation of evidence-based practice transition supports and services. The key components addressed in this training will be:
- Agency Coordination and Collaboration
- Education: Transition services and the IEP
- Empowering Students
- Independent Living
The training also includes guidance on how to effectively navigate the self-paced follow up training. The first training webinar will focus on state and national resources, a strategic and interactive framework, and how to access technical assistance through coaching support. Participants can include any members of the educational team that plan to provide support or guidance to their team in the area of secondary transition. There will also be an opportunity to attend a scheduled virtual coaching support session and a half day final webinar to share resources and implementation outcomes.
It is expected that all participants will register and attend both the Secondary Transition Webinar Day 1 and Secondary Transition Webinar Day 2.
Training agenda, description, and objectives
Presenters: Lisonn Delcamp, Ed.S. - Autism Education & Intervention Specialist; Stacie Rulison, M.S., M.Ed., BCBA - Consultant; Jennifer VanTol, M.Ed, BCBA, MI-LBA - School Mental Health Support Specialist
Dates and Times:
- Secondary Transition Webinar Day 1: January 28, 2022, 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Self/Team-Paced Learning: January – May 2022
- Optional Coaching Support Sessions: April 2022 (Support sessions are 45 minutes and will be scheduled after Webinar Day 1 is held)
- Secondary Transition Webinar Day 2: May 26, 2022, 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Format: Live, virtual training combined with
The Zoom link will be included in your confirmation email.
SCECHs: State Continuing Education Clock Hours are available to participants (pending application approval). Cost is $10 and can only be paid by credit card.
- SCECHs available: 7.25
- Each participant who is interested in SCECHs will need to submit the Attendance Form once each training day. This form will be provided the day of each webinar.
- Participants interested in SCECHs will need to complete the Payment Form one time after the series has ended. The $10 fee covers both webinars. After the training series, all registrants will receive an email with a link to the SCECHs Payment Form.
- Sign-up and payment is required.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
* denotes a required field