Education Based Evaluations: April 17, 2023
Education Based Evaluations
Date: April 17, 2023
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Location: Crowne Center , 925 S Creyts Rd, Lansing, MI 48917
Registration Fee: $25
SCECHs: 5 Hours
- There is no additional cost for SCECHs
- SCECH sign-up and more information will be provided at the training
- Social Work CE's are not offered for this training
This module outlines critical components and processes for an education-based special education eligibility evaluation for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). It incorporates key features of its foundational predecessor, CET (Centralized Evaluation Team), and includes a detailed review of the Michigan Administrative Rules for Special Education (MARSE) ASD eligibility criteria. Evaluation components and processes outlined in the Education-Based Evaluations for ASD document published by the Michigan Autism Council are also reviewed which include tools and examples for interviews, observations, and report-writing. A critical review of available standardized tests and their technical adequacy and differential eligibility decision-making processes are also included.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the MARSE ASD eligibility criteria.
- Learn the critical components of an education-based evaluation for ASD.
- Understand the technical adequacy of standardized measures for evaluating ASD.
- Identify the variables that impact early childhood evaluations for ASD.
- Learn to make differential eligibility decisions when evaluating for ASD.
- Identify strategies for addressing disagreement between evaluators.
- Stephanie Dyer, Ed. S., BCBA - Autism Education & Intervention Specialist
- Kelly Rogers, Psy.S., BCBA - Consultant
* denotes a required field