SBIR/STTR Intro to NIH
Date: Thursday, July 12, 2018
Time: 8:30am – 12pm
Location: Cook-DeVos Center for Health Sciences, Conference Room 123, 301 Michigan Street NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Cost: $35 (includes continental breakfast)
Contact Bonnie Dawdy, Program Assistant, at email@example.com
The Federal SBIR/STTR programs award over $2.6 billion in high risk R&D funding annually to qualified small businesses. The process for applying can be complex, but with training and assistance, SBIR/STTR can become a catalyst for launching your company. As a non-dilutive source of capital, SBIR/STTR should become a core part of your businesses growth strategy and fundraising plan.
This half-day long training will introduce you to the SBIR/STTR program, and how to leverage the grant dollars to bring your product to market. During our time together, we will cover all aspects of writing SBIR/STTR grants focused on life science technologies including: eligibility, sources of funding, agency differences, peer review process, and NIH proposal sections/components.
WHAT YOU’LL COME AWAY WITH:
• SBIR/STTR program overview
• Strategies for targeting your proposal to meet the mission and requirements of the NIH
• Common problems and pitfalls and how to avoid them
• Building a competitive team
• Utilizing sub-awardees, and consultants
• Creating a fundraising timeline that fits your goals
• What to do once you learn you are going to be funded (and what to do if you’re not)